[muglo] Re: word. 5.0/5.1 on Mac Os 9

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:53:30 -0500

Mary Garrison wrote:
> Thanks to Emedzon and Alex for their very helpful replies.

> If I get Maclink and can open the documents in Appleworks, does that
> mean that I'm committed to working on them in Appleworks and so ceasing
> to use word 5.1?

MacLink+ is an industrial strength file translator. It will allow
you to take an AW file and save it as a Word 5.1 file or in any
number of other word processor formats. The only caveat here is
that as ML+ has increased its version numbers it has dropped some
translators.

Tee you have a more recent version than mine, I know mine (v9.0)
does Word 5.1 how about yours?

I find that with AW6 and the Word translators included I don't
have too many problems as long as it is mostly the content that
is wanted. There are some problems with translating documents
with a lot of formatting - specifically tables and bullets etc.
that do not in my experience come out the best.