[muglo] Re: January meeting tonight

  • From: rogers doug <dougrogers08@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:21:13 -0500

On 19-Jan-11, at 1:27 PM, Dave Knight wrote:

I prefer discussions in email rather than a web forum.

Agreed. There is no need to change the listserv from freelists.

I prefer schedules on a web page that says "at the library on the third tuesday of the month", perhaps augmented by an automated reminder mail to the list, rather than a calendar.

Working on it. The Google Muglo calendar is now set up with an automated reminder. You can also subscribe to the Google calendar so the event shows up in your iCal.

I don't think we _need_ to change anything on the web page other than it's archaic content, but if others think that changing host is sensible I'd certainly be happy to help out.

Archaic. :-) The generation gap is showing. :-)

I, personally would prefer changing the host to a server that I can send iWeb pages to directly. Right now this means I use my MobileMe web space. Presently, the first page of the present site remains at FreeWebs for a few reasons.

1) Other people, actually, others now not with us, had access.

2) I may be mistaken, or naive, but the URL was shorter than the one to my site space. That seems better.

3) I'm concerned about indexing. Does Google scrape Mobileme web pages?

4) Moving the site exclusively to my MobileMe space precludes others from adding files or pages - an option at Google Sites. Google Sites is a big ugly URL.

Is anyone other than me familiar with Blogs? ... just to bring up a discussion. On many levels, each blog post is like a message to our mailing list. Responses to the post go into a comment section below. You can subscribe to the entire blog as an RSS feed, or you can subscribe to individual posts - as an RSS feed. I cant see allowing 103 managers would be in anyway efficient, though.