[muglo] Re: January meeting tonight

  • From: Dave Knight <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:50:35 -0500

I have in the past wondered when the meeting is supposed to take place and
tried to find out.

I'll try again now...

A google for "muglo" <http://www.google.com/search?q=muglo> gets me some links:

This is the first one: <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/>
The front page has no mention of any meetings.
There is a calendar, which is at least a hint of some sort of event, but it's
empty.
The links page has a link to Gerhard's meeting reports, now I know for sure
that there's been a meeting once or something, but the link is dead.
There's a link to the MUGLO Google Group, but that page doesn't mention
meetings.
The Constitution page has article 1.5 which refers to Meetings, but doesn't
actually describe a regular monthly meeting.

The only other relevant link is to the mail list mangement and archives
<//www.freelists.org/list/muglo>

No doubt trawling through the mail archive would give someone a clue as to when
a meeting might take place. In fact a google for "muglo meeting" does get you
closer.

I suggest that it would be a great improvement in usability to blow away most
of the existing web site and replace it with a single page along these lines:

MUGLO is Mac Users Group in London Ontario, it does...the things it does
MUGLO has a mail list...<link to the mail list mangager>
MUGLO holds a meeting at 19:00 on the third Tuesday of the month (except summer
break) at the Library...these meetings cover...the topics they typically
do...<link to the library>