[minima] Re: KISS Mixer Musings

  • From: Joshua Blanton <jtblanton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 19:52:40 -0500

Hi Joe,

I'm not actually using J310 FETs, as I have several hundred 2SK192A-BL
parts that I choose to try.... The ones I used, with the pinch off that I
matched, would be "best" suited with a LO peak to peak voltage of 2.4V
(pinch off to almost forward conduction). My via is actually very similar
to your self bias recommendation, but only because I need no bias ๐Ÿ˜€

I am working on an LO amp to do some impedance matching (with a much higher
output impedance, as I don't think that the mixer is actually consuming
much power -it just needs a large voltage swing. I'll also look at
transformer games, but the chores I'm using are pretty small and don't have
much room for more bifilar windings...

Thanks,
Josh

Sent from my phone - please excuse my brevity.