[minima] Re: KISS Mixer Musings

  • From: Joe Street <jstreet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:24:00 -0500

When looking at the drain voltages with the scope did you give a load resistance to the drains or was it just the scope input?

On 28/02/2014 1:41 PM, Mark G0MGX wrote:
Hi Team

I've been threatening to have a fiddle with the KISS mixer for a while, and here are the results of my first bash:

http://g0mgx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/kiss-mixer-musings.html

I don't understand the 'scope signals on the drains of my FETs and I certainly don't understand the voltages I am reading on the sources (my sources are together and connected to the bias supply). The power end of the 4K7 to the FET bias adjusts from 0 to 5V as expected by I am reading -ve voltage on the sources themselves.

Please take a look at the link and then any volunteers who can try and explain this to me most welcome!

Mark
G0MGX