[minima] Re: KISS Mixer Musings

  • From: "pakdeDar" <pakdedarmantaoye@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Minima Group" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 05:45:57 +0000

Other questions to the experienced builder here according to the j310 used as
KISS Mixer :

1. An article in the internet state that J310 was symmetric, symbolized by gate
in the center between source and drain. On the contrary other article say that
j310 was NOT symmetric.

Q : what is the effect to interchange source and drain ? Could it be noticed
clearly by ear ..our most sophisticated ham equipment Gift by our Creator ?

I take simple solution for this case ..Just refer to the pin outline, wire the
source to the common side  and drain to the hot side.
Am I correct ?

2. Is it possible to set  jfet bias to 50 pct of and 50 pct on as Dan say using
simple equipment such as DVM ( and ear setting of course ) but not using scope
? If yes, how ?

I am interested to the spirit of KIS and N(ot) C(omplicated)...always remember
Ham's spirit " Better to measure than not to measure " ( even using
simple-homebrewed equipment )

Sudarmanta - YC1DCN

Send from my TelakaspaBerrylayauw ®