[minima] Re: KISS Mixer Musings

  • From: "Tayloe, Dan (NSN - US/Tempe)" <dan.tayloe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 03:42:50 +0000

That part looks nice. Low input/output C, good to at least 400 MHz, high Idss
(24 to 60 mA, lower turn on resistance), 25v drain to source rating. Pinchoff
voltage has kind of a high range (-2 to -6v).

It was interesting to see a typical "on" resistance near 50 ohms.  That implies
that most other jfets are likely 2x or 3x this value due to a lower Idss.  The
"on" resistance is likely why we are seeing 10 dB of conversion loss instead of
something closer to 6 dB.

- Dan