[lit-ideas] Re: are we not talking anymore?

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:02:27 -0400

The Palestinians aren't any more subsumable under a single 'they' than any other people. The 'they' who kidnapped the young Israeli soldier (and wouldn't 'captured' be a more appropriate word in a theatre of war?) are surely not the same 'they' who dream of the end of their long nightmare and just want (as do we all) to raise their families in peace and prosperity. What Israel (and I mean the government, not every Israeli) has been and is doing to undermine any Palestinian efforts at economic or political self-sustainability is condemned by everyone except the US. Ursula
Hot and tired in North Bay

Stan Spiegel wrote:

Their first priority is to destroy Israel. Otherwise they wouldn't have been so provocative.

Stan Spiegel
Portland, ME