[lit-ideas] Re: are we not talking anymore?

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 04:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

I am spending the summer in Montenegro and I've been a
bit taken up by this and that, but I'm back with you
now. I glad that there has been some discussion of the
Israel-Palestine-Lebanon conflict. Some comments on
what I have read so far: first, to present Hizbollah
as simply a proxy of Iran is rather simplistic. See:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1821035,00.html

Another thing is, I wonder if the people here are
aware that Israel (with the help of the US and the
EU)has kept Gaza under full economic blockade ever
since the elections. See the article I posted under
"Starving Palestine" a month or two ago.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com