[lit-ideas] Re: are we not talking anymore?

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:33:45 -0700

Robert reveals:
>I can see Mt. Hood from a distance.

ck: Ahhh...So you're stepping out on the porch for a while. Makes good
sense.

>I miss Eric the Good, miss him quite a lot, actually, but not Eric the
>Neocon manqué.

ck: About 1 1/2 years ago, I realized that "Eric" is actually three
different people, one of whom is an inmate in a woman's prison. The other
two Erics alternate posting, sometimes on the same subject.  Eric the Good
seems to want us to believe that he's been writing from Brazil lately.
(Again. Has that Eric forgotten that he's already taken a vacation to Brazil
this year? It's important to keep track of one's characters.) I have no
explanation for the neocon persona. Isn't Cheney pretty much alone in that,
now? Even Bush seems to have deserted that position, if ever he could
articulate the philosophy without a teleprompter.

>The Day the Earth Stood Still, has begun on AMC.

ck: How delightfully appropriate! Michael Rennie made an excellent benign
alien. David Bowie copied him, decades later, in one of my favorite rambling
movies by Nicholas Roeg,  _The Man Who Fell to Earth_.

Bet you make a stellar lemonade.
soon,
Carol