[lit-ideas] Re: are we not talking anymore?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:14:04 -0700

Carol wrote:

Certain active posters here seem to have taken a shine to Theoria this week. I, for one, hope this trend won't continue. I don't know that I can take this predicted heat wave (110 degrees and up) without you folks.

Besides, if the apocalypse is nigh and heating up in the Middle East, shouldn't we at least acknowledge it here?

I don't know, Carol. From what I understand, two of the active posters who devoted their time to exchanging ceaslesly opinions, adjectives, and insults here are now carrying on on Theoria. I welcome the relief from such uninformative and futile displays, especially now that summer's here and I can see Mt. Hood from a distance. I miss Eric the Good, miss him quite a lot, actually, but not Eric the Neocon manqué.* In the meantime, I'll finish my replies to Walter and Phil re Kant's hallucinations, and wait for the weekly poems.

I must go now. The Day the Earth Stood Still, has begun on AMC. Klaatu barada nikto.
---------
*Honestly, some I don't miss at all. Schadenfreude damages the brain. (You could look it up.)

Robert

reed.edu