[lit-ideas] Re: are we not talking anymore?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:35:12 EDT

NPR did a fairly objective piece on the situation yesterday.  I, for  one,
did not miss Ted Koppel's point, and it was reiterated and elaborated on to
some extent in the NPR piece.  The Lebonese Govt. has apparently become so
weak
that the Lebonese admire Hezbolah for the service work they do -- providing
food and medical aid to the poor, etc.  Someone (I wish I had noted the  name
so I could quote properly) said that the Lebonese PM actually thinks it  would
be a good thing for Lebanon ffor Hezbolah to be trounced.

Julie Krueger