[lit-ideas] Re: are we not talking anymore?

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:14:58 -0700

Hiya, Judy!

> does that mean I have to resub?! [Theoria]

ck: Could be. And if you figure out how to do that properly, please let me
know. I receive messages but can't post, for some reason. Complained to
Kramer, fixed it for a while, then the ban on Carolposts recommenced. But
I'm not convinced that the content of discussions warrants much attention.
It's Eric and Lawrence again, with Kramer playing The Reasonable One, for a
change. Tells ya somethin'...

> It's hot here too but not that hot, of course; and luckily
> the evenings are a bit cooler

ck:  It wasn't bad here for the past week. In the 90s--doable, given the low
humidity. But today they've announced a "heat wave," also known as an
"excessive heat warning," with temperatures expected to soar to 110 this
weekend and stay there for a while. That kind of heat isn't doable,
regardless of humidity. In fact, with the low humidity we have here (about
16%), wildfires aren't controllable, ozone pollution is worse than usual,
and the cows are blasting us with methane pollution, just for a tad more
misery. I plan to venture forth in an hour, when the stores open, for some
popsicles and fruit. Then I'll stay inside, curtains drawn and air
conditioning blasting.  Very hard not to fall into a mental funk.

Oh--did I tell you my observations about Celexa's effect on the heart and
hearing, after I went back on it, about 2 weeks ago? Very weird! But tell me
before I  repeat myself. (That wouldn't be Celexa's fault, alas.)

Regarding the topic that's too upsetting to discuss at the moment, I wish
the news weren't so dismally repetitive. Ted Koppel had something
intelligent to say last night, but it was a short bit and since he stated
something that could be construed positive towards Hezbollah (balanced, I'd
say), that's probably the one comment that *won't* be repeated ad nauseum on
TV and radio!

Sheesh! It's 7 am and already 80 degrees here!
Carol