[lit-ideas] Re: The flu

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:52:47 -0500

RP:"I called them--Medicare--before I wrote what I sent earlier. They said
'only in
the US' and didn't qualify it."

I wish I had thought of calling them.  Thanks for doing so.  Clearly, they
changed their policies.  It used to be that Americans retired to Mexico and
Ontario, Canada and it worked for them.  My private insurance does cover
these areas I believe.  At least they did the last time I was in Canada and
needed medical care.  One has to pay, but then the private insurer pays
when provided with a receipt.

Veronica