[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:47:01 -0500

At 04:34 PM 12/31/2005, you wrote:

I was waiting for my husband to come home. The house was done, I had nothing to do. I usually read something while the laptop sits on the end table. It looks like I'm sitting in front of the computer waiting for posts to come when in fact it's only on while I do other things and I check occasionally and respond. So maybe it was four hours, maybe it was all day, but in fact it was only a few minutes.

Yeah, I know. I also actually DID a bunch of things today: rode my bike for 60 minutes, watched a movie, played my drums for 75 minutes, read several chapters of "Therapy", helped cook some food for tonight, rotated cats [MY cats] in and out of house. We all multi-task. It would be a terrible waste if you WERE actually sitting there for 4 hours doing nothing but responding. I'm glad you have a life; but "New Historicism" is passe. It doesn't matter that much what else we do... it's what we post. The post's the thing.

trying desperately to refrain and not succeeding,
p[weak]s

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx