[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:22:20 EST

<<Using  ellipses even MORE readily than Julie.>>
Somehow on-line communication seems  to lend itself to these ready ellipses.
I never use them in written  (hand-written or typed/printed) communiques.
I've tried to figure out for  years why the e-mail and instant message formats
seem to beg for the use of  unfinished sentences, thoughts, phrases.
Hah.  An entire (small) post  w/out a single ellipse.  I knew I could do it.
Julie Krueger
fighting the compulsion for  dots

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: New Year's
Resolutions  Date: 12/30/05 12:15:28 PM Central Standard Time  From:
_pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Marlena: And, if you would like to discuss  whether or not a child has two
>parents no matter where that child  lives--that is fine with me!  I'm often
>in discussion about such  things as I am very very involved with groups
>which advocate for more  contact for non-custodial parents, the concept of
>50/50  visitation/custody resolutions, those who deal with PAS (parental
>alienation syndrome),

EEEKE!!! I better get a new middle  name.

>I may very well have a mistaken idea of what a listserv has as  its
>function and purpose...

Nah...

Using ellipses even  MORE readily than Julie.

p[formerly  a]s

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx