[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:45:57 -0500

'Andy' wrote:

"I was asking what it is people like to talk about."

No.  You were asking what it takes to have people talk to you.  The
conversation on this list goes on even though many people don't bother
talking to you.  This may confuse you but you can check the archives.

'Andy' shares with us:

"I love my cat.  We can talk about my cat."

How nice for your cat.  And for you, I suppose.  Notice that it is about
your cat that we are to talk?

But then again I am talking about you and thereby reinforce the habit.
For my part, it is enjoyable in a schadenfreude sort of fashion.  'Bad,
Phil, bad!'

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON