[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:13:31 EST

In a message dated 12/30/2005 10:00:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

ldren need two parents Marlena,

Hi,
Hey--my son has two parents!  He loves us both very much and we both  love
him very much!   I suppose what bothers you is that he has TWO  homes--and gets
lots of really neat interaction with his dad!  MUCH more  than when his dad
lived in the same house with us!  Cool, huh!  As he  says, it's far better to
have two happy homes than it is to have one sad  one!  And, he's one of the
most
'together' kids you'd ever meet!   (but, then again, he doesn't sit around
and watch tv all the time, either  <g>)   In addition, we always have a
houseful
of kids (though as  I was chatting with another parent last night who also
began to stop with the  'more than three at a time' as he [like me] let his kid
have a whole slew  overnight at the same time once and it was simply wild!
and the boys were  about 10 then--<g>.  Ah, memories...!

Besides, I'm only responding to all YOU have written!  You wrote  and
asked--I merely answered!  Come on--be fair!!

You don't, after all, keep your comments to yourself!  If you are  going to
whine and complain, then I will provide you with possible  solutions. I like
people to be in happy productive places, doing  constructive things.  I don't
like unhappiness or despair or whining.   So, my way to deal with those things
(because they put ME in unhappy  places and *I* don't like that!) is to assist
in getting that person to  also be in a happy place.  Then, we can all be
happy together!   Makes for a MUCH nicer party!  (or listserv!)

But, if you don't want to hear it, please keep your whining and  complaining
to yourself and then I won't have any idea that you are doing  nothing about
things but whining and complaining!

Nevertheless,  I will still hope that you DO volunteer in your  community
this year!

Best,
Marlena