[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:01:02 -0500

Marlena, my lighting a candle, my lighting a bonfire, isn't going to change the
world one bit.  Even on this list when the *idea* that something should be done
differently is presented, look at the reception it gets.  In addition to which,
I'm not out to change the world.  The repeated use of the word light in your
posts is leading me to conclude that perhaps my comment that "Humans are so
proud to be a species that lights an occasional candle in the darkness, and it
never occurs to them that maybe if they'd stop creating the darkness they could
have a lot more light" is somehow generating this energy.  Well, humans aren't
about to stop creating darkness, and they can create it without my help and
without my rescuing them from it so they can go back and do it all over again.
Humans don't curse the darkness, they embrace it, they love it, and there's not
a thing I can do about it.