[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:45:28 -0500

> >90 seconds too many if it's not interesting.
>
> Did you often refuse to eat food because it was icky?

I can be slow. I don't get it. I'm not around a lot of icky food but I suppose I have turned it down.

You know how a kid refuses to eat peas because "I don't like them" even if he hasn't tried them?
That's what I was driving at. Picture two kids eating pasta... one's eating shells, the other macaroni

first kid (gobbling his shells); Ewee Worms!
second kid (gobbling his macaroni): Ewee Snails!
first kid (gobbling his shells); Ewee Worms!
second kid (gobbling his macaroni): Ewee Snails!
Mother in corner: Oh fictitious primum mobile, why did I have kids?