[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:39:27 EST

In a message dated 12/30/2005 10:29:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

You're going to write about yourself and I'll write about  myself.

Hi,
No...when you whine and complain about humanity or about yourself--I WILL
respond.

It's a listserv, not a blog. When people post ideas, comments, thoughts--I
thought the whole point of a listserv was to discuss those items.

If I am mistaken, perhaps some of our more aware and internet-savvy people
could redefine the definition for me, please!

If you want to whine and complain and not get a response (but still want to
be publicly doing so), I suggest you get a blog.  There are lots of people  on
this list who have blogs and, I'm sure, they would be willing to suggest to
you where you can go to set one up.

Otherwise, if you want to share thoughts (negative or positive), then I  will
share my responses to those.

And, if you would like to discuss whether or not a child has two parents no
matter where that child lives--that is fine with me!  I'm often in  discussion
about such things as I am very very involved with groups which  advocate for
more contact for non-custodial parents, the concept of 50/50
visitation/custody resolutions, those who deal with PAS (parental alienation
syndrome),
merits of marriage versus living together either before or after  marriage [the
trend is for more people to NOT get married...so sure, a  discussion of whether
or not marriage is passe and why would be very interesting  to me...Especially
would be interesting as you don't have kids and one reason  many people state
for marriage is that a kid needs 'two parents' as though that  does not happen
unless marriage occurs. But, if one gets married and has no  kids--why?  why
not?  Could be very interesting as the societal reason  most often given is
solely in regard to children...]  But, I am extremely  involved with groups who
find merit in all sorts of families--I have friends  (and know of many others)
who are gay and married to the partner--sometimes with  children from a
former heterosexual marriage. That means, basically, that the  child often has
THREE parents (maybe even FOUR) with lots of love from a very  extended family
happening...  and there are studies being done on those  families, too!

So--if others would weigh in on whether or not I can respond to Andy/Irene,
I would appreciate it!

I may very well have a mistaken idea of what a listserv has as its function
and purpose...

Best,
Marlena in Missouri
Yes, happy new year! .