[lit-ideas] Re: Mike -- Not Real Astute

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 20:20:35 +0100

I think, Andreas, Lawrence's point is that the CIA is not allowed
even to spy on US citizens (within the US, anyway; I think it
can't operate within the US) let alone behave in the US as it has
elsewhere; and that this is hampering the intra-US GWOT, and
should be changed.
(I thought it was going to be changed.)

  Here, MI5 spies on us (with the police Special Branch) and MI6
(SIS) spies on you.