[lit-ideas] Re: Mike -- Not Real Astute

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:15:36 -0700

And now the Islamists are doing the same sort of Fifth-Column thing in the U.S., using our blinders-in-place view of "Rights" against us.

Can anyone help me here? Who was it that a few days ago was arguing that we should not take away the Constitutional right of jihadi suspects to buy assault weapons?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, May-7-2007 6:38 PM
There you go again, Lawrence: flipping issues around. Now you're trying to
argue that the "fifth column" are communists, when you were first trying to
say they were terrorists.

But neither of those makes sense; you apparently don't remember who the
"fifth colum" was. They were the fascists in Madrid who collaborated with
the fascists marching on Madrid during the Spanish Civil War. The "fifth
column" were anti-Communists and anti-Liberals.

So now you'll flip again and claim that the fifth column are your allies.

But all of your evasions avoid the point: you think the USA doesn't know how
to deal with terrorists. Are you really so naive that you think the USA
hasn't sponsored terrorists or carried out terrorist wars?

From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, May-7-2007 10:14 AM
Lawrence, can you read and understand what I wrote? You claim the US doesn't
understand terrorism, and I point out that the US indeed carried out
terrorist wars in Nicaragua, Honduars, and Afghanistan.

But you simply don't remember that and you don't realize what happened
there. You really don't want to know the truth.

From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, May-7-2007 9:12 AM
From: "Lawrence Helm"

Our American problem is that we have no idea how to fight an enemy who
engages in Fifth Column-type activities.

Nonsense. The USA engages in terrorism. The CIA tortured and terrorized in
Honduras. The anti-Castro Cuban terrorists who blew up an airliner are
living in Miami. The USA launched and operated a terrorist war against the
Soviets in Afghanistan, killing tens of thousands with "Fifth-column-type
activities."

We have never figured that one out.

Oh, we've figured that one out quite well. Just download the CIA's manual on
torture and terrorism.

Maybe what we need is a special congressional committee to examine such
people.  The House could do it.  We could call it "The House UnAmarican
Activities Committee," and ask such questions as "are you now, or have you
ever been a Terrorist," and are you now or have you ever supported
terrorism."  That should take care of it.

Lawrence himself will be the first to plead guilty. Lawrence applauded
Jihadi terrorists several months ago when we found out that the Bush White
House is supporting Sunni Jihadi terrorists to harass Iran. He called them
"our allies". Yes, Lawrence is now supporting and has supported terrorists.

Just get him to admit it and we'll lock him up.

Really?

Lawrence, this is the problem with the USA: it is incapable of seeing
itself. It talks endlessly of high principles, but the reality is quite
different, and it is so enamoured of the principles that it won't admit the
reality.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com