[lit-ideas] Mike -- Not Real Astute

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 03:59:33 +0000

What you say might be true if you like Mike, only read the headlines and not
the whole article.  Notice that I asked Mike for the reasons the NRA took the
position they did and that he never answered.  That should have been a clue for
the astute.

I looked up the article on CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/04/nra.terror.ap/index.html?eref=rss_us

Since the Leftist-Pacifist position afflicts its holders with the inability to
read long articles, here are a couple of brief paragraphs from the CNN article:
'In a letter this week to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, NRA executive
director Chris Cox said the bill, offered last week by Sen. Frank Lautenberg,
D-New Jersey, "would allow arbitrary denial of Second Amendment rights based on
mere 'suspicions' of a terrorist threat.  As many of our friends in law
enforcement have rightly pointed out, the word 'suspect' has no legal meaning,
particularly when it comes to denying constitutional liberties," Cox wrote.'
I was hoping Mike would respond.  I believe he was one of those who was
outraged that the U.S. would infringe suspected terrorists first amendment
rights by tapping their phones.  I was hoping to ask him why he was outraged
over the infringement of the First Amendment Right but not over the
infringement of the Second.
Lest anyone jump to the wrong conclusion about my own position, I would
restrict both first & second amendment rights of those on the Terrorist Watch
list.
Lawrence

From: "JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, May-5-2007 7:35 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: NRA -- Not Real Astute
I find this very peculiar -- the NRA is aligned, typically, with the political
party which has seen fit to wrench huge swaths of constitutional liberties and
constitutional rights from American citizens carte blanche ...  and yet it
defends the notion that suspected terrorists should be allowed to arm
themselves.

Unreal.  Absolutely Mad Hatter Alice down the Rabbit Hole Humpty Dumpty
Jabberwocky unreal.  Surreal.  Impossible to believe.

Julie Krueger

On 5/5/07, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My favourite bit:
>
> '"As many of our friends in law enforcement have rightly pointed out, the
> word 'suspect' has no legal meaning, particularly when it comes to denying
> constitutional liberties," NRA executive director Chris Cox wrote.'

Mr. Cox said that he would immediately begin a campaign to have the prison
at Guantanamo Bay shut down.

Robert Paul