[lit-ideas] Re: NRA -- Not Real Astute

  • From: "JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 21:35:50 -0500

I find this very peculiar -- the NRA is aligned, typically, with the
political party which has seen fit to wrench huge swaths of constitutional
liberties and constitutional rights from American citizens carte blanche
...  and yet it defends the notion that suspected terrorists should be
allowed to arm themselves.

Unreal.  Absolutely Mad Hatter Alice down the Rabbit Hole Humpty Dumpty
Jabberwocky unreal.  Surreal.  Impossible to believe.

Julie Krueger

On 5/5/07, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My favourite bit:
>
> '"As many of our friends in law enforcement have rightly pointed out,
the
> word 'suspect' has no legal meaning, particularly when it comes to
denying
> constitutional liberties," NRA executive director Chris Cox wrote.'

Mr. Cox said that he would immediately begin a campaign to have the prison
at Guantanamo Bay shut down.

Robert Paul