[lit-ideas] Re: Israel's Invasion Pretext UnderFire

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:34:06 -0400

Mike, you're entitled to your opinions.  In the meantime, pick up a newspaper.
The Israelis are blockading the Palestinians economically and through food.
They're starving them to death, otherwise known as a humanitarian crisis.  That
works for you, I guess.  As far as the Mexicans having a right to reclaim
California, that works for you too as long as you don't have to live it.
You're a hypocrite, Mike, or you live by a 19th century code that says, I want
it, so it's mine, or everybody's always done it, so it's okay.  The Israelis
are just as evil, just as good, just as human as anybody else.  They took
somebody's land and people are annoyed about it and now it's gotten a life of
its own and they're all good and the people who lost their land are all bad.  I
used to buy into this terrorist thing too about Hezbollah (not talking about al
Qaeda) until I learned something about this situation, and I recently watched
CNN Present's Inside Hezbollah, a surprisingly sympathetic
  portrait from not exactly a supporter of Hezbollah.  They help their people
rebuild and get them food and water, so of course they're going to be popular.
In the meantime, Mike, what's your answer?  Do you think someone has the right
to throw someone out of their home and move in and leave the homeowner
homeless?  We know the Americans did that to the Indians.  Do you consider that
precedent so continued expropriation on those grounds acceptable?