[lit-ideas] Re: Israel's Invasion Pretext UnderFire

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:07:57 +0900

Perhaps. But those with strong, emotional attitudes might want to
consider the possibility that they would do more good for their cause
by not quite so much appearing to be always the same asses braying the
same notes.

John

On 7/28/06, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my experience, people with strong emotional
attitudes on the issue tend to be more highly
motivated to post. If those who tend toward the middle
ground wish to make themselves heard, they should put
some effort into doing so.

O.K.

--- John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mike Geary wrote:
>
> > Israel has never failed to disappoint me when it
> comes to dealing with
> > her neighbors.  Her leaders cannot think outside
> brute military
> would rather cut
> > off their own throats and those of their children
> than work together
> > towards a mutual peace. Hopefully, some Gandhi
> will emerge to lead
> > both sides to peace.  In the meantime the blood
> continues to flow and
> > I curse them both.
>

> This actually sounds quite a bit like Lit-Ideas
> lately.  It's the
> "extremists" who yell at each other, precluding any
> rational discussions
> of the middle, and it seems that "being right" is
> much more important
> here than finding solutions to problems.  Oh, who is
> the Gandhi of
> Lit-Ideas????
>
> --
> "Never attribute to malice that which can be
> explained by incompetence and ignorance."
> John Wager                john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
>                                    Lisle, IL, USA

> vacation on/off,
> digest on/off), visit