[lit-ideas] Re: Israel's Invasion Pretext UnderFire

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:22:37 -0700 (PDT)

This seems to me to phrase the issue in extremely
demagogical terms. It's not so much about the
intrinsic worth of Israel or Israelis (although this
is not beyond being questioned) as about rights. I
happen to think that I am a worthy person, at the very
least worthy of owning a house, but it doesn't follow
from that that I have the right to evict my neighbour
from the house he lived in for decades. Of course, I
realize that this point is probably impossible to
understand, especially for someone living in the US
where property is commonly distributed acording to
moral worth of individuals, as we all know.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com