[lit-ideas] Re: Israel's Invasion Pretext UnderFire

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:03:54 -0400

Sorry, John, this doesn't make sense.  If you're advocating silence on the
subject of one's interest, then advertising would not be necessary.  Also,
having been on the receiving end of the third person treatment, such slanty
comments are not as civilized as you may think, if you in fact think they
are civilized.  Shaming people into silence also is not extremely
civilized, unless you're setting yourself up as some sort of unfallen
person.  It would be much nicer to just speak your mind.  For Paul, this
would be a ridiculous discussion if we weren't literally staring into the
face of WWIII.  Iran aligning with Russia, possibly China; Israel with the
U.S.; a country lying in ruins, etc. Some people are bothered by little
things like that more than you are.  Also, people complain that the
discussions are political, yet I asked a philosophical question recently
(the underpinnings of the lusting in one's heart as sin), and there were no
takers outside of one poem from Ursula for which I extend my thanks.
Therefore, in the absence of parrying someone on the merits, I would
encourage you to become acquainted with the delete key on your computer.
For those who feel the need to continue sniping from the sidelines by
addressing people in the third person, then certainly we still have freedom
of speech, Bush's 800 signing statements notwithstanding, so feel free to
continue.  Ignoring you and deleting you is much easier done than said.