[lit-ideas] Re: Israel's Invasion Pretext UnderFire

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:31:02 -0400

Except that Israel's moral standing is shaky.  It would be like saying the
Mexicans have a moral right to take over California.  That's what this is
based in, even if the origins are forgotten.  My suggestion would be for
Israel to say, look, we panicked after WWII and didn't act out of good
judgment.  Can we now make reparations and coexist somehow and improve both
our lives.  Instead, they keep thinking that they'll find peace at the end
of a gun.  It's a contradiction in terms.  That's what I said once before,
imagine if Israel offered to feed the hungry children.  Instead, they
destroy a country.  That's not moral standing.  Even so, I sure hope the
militants don't start streaming into Lebanon, what's left of it.