[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens on Moore's flick

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:43:53 +0100

Thursday, July 1, 2004, 5:38:54 AM, Scribe1865@xxxxxxx wrote:

A.A.> If there was any substance to it, would the Rabid Right not be
A.A.> exploiting it?  What's missing here?

>EY: You are missing the fact that it actually happened.

*So* -- as Andy says -- why is it (whatever "it" is, and there does
seem some doubt) used against Clinton?

I can think of two possibilities (there'll be others)

1) it ("it") didn't happen

2) it ("it") did happen, but as Reagan and Bush Sr did "it" too
(apparently a somewhat different "it", but still involving selling
arms or part-armaments to China, it would be *very silly indeed* to
rang about Clinton doing "it".

I'd put my money on 2)

EY> People think we only helped arm Saddam. We help arm almost all of
EY> our potential foes.

So why finger Clinton?

  Judy mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx