[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens on Moore's flick

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:49:28 EDT

 I distrust everyone too, Paul.  From the time I can recall until mid-high
school every night after supper was the evening news.  On it was a litany of
explosions, damaged bodies, body bag counts, casualties.  In high school I did
satire of a Nixon interview for an English class.  I did not grow up with a
high notion of patriotism.  I eschewed the News, as a young adult, as I Can't
Do
Anything About It It's Just Depressing.  I return to "current events" at this
age to find it as cynically-enhancing as ever.
Julie Krueger