[lit-ideas] Re: Aaaaaargh

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:49:13 -0400

Joseph Campbell spent his life studying myths and wound up giving up on all
religions and God.  A myth is just somebody else's religion ...  What is it
you don't like about Joseph Campbell?  I'm rethinking my admiration for
Niall Ferguson.  I wonder if his need to believe in religion is to get more
credibility among 96% percent of Americans?  Nobody needs the admiration of
4%, right?  Except that 92% of Americans never heard of Niall Ferguson.  He
might be the perfect historian for these New Middle Ages.

We're all just bubbles on the face of time ... except in New Jersey ...

I'm so excited.  A Trollop dramatization this weekend, The Way We Live Now.
Can't wait.  Eric, do you really not believe in unconscious motivation?