[lit-ideas] Re: Aaaaaargh

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:01:22 -0400

In these New Middle Ages the notion of the unconscious and unconscious
motivation is down there with Darwinism.  If, against all the evidence, you
think society celebrates life, then that's what you think.  I'm just
curious, why do you think  there is crime, etc. in the world?  Intelligent
Design?  Malignant Design?  Bad choices?   Not enough torture?

For Lawrence, Joerg answered regarding Westphalia better than I could have
done.  Thanks, Joerg.

Regarding Scotland, they may be culinarily challenged, but they produced
David Hume, Adam Smith, and now Niall Ferguson.  I think the guy's
brilliant.