[lit-ideas] Re: Aaaaaargh

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:32:48 -0400

>>The student will demonstrate an ability to manage time.

That's something they were never big at in Caveman Fireside High School. Consequently I never developed the knack. Now time manages me. The sun rockets across the sky each day and the seasons whirl past like helicopter blades or misfired Roman candles. My beard grays even as I shave it. The bones weaken, the muscles thin, the brain becomes even less acute, new aches arise, and I face the remorseless headlong plunge into personal annihilation and the non-void of no-self. Enfeebled and failing, I face a horror unfolding too fast to fully comprehend. Yeah I coulda used some of that there time management. Some of that time management would be real good 'bout now.

Best,
Ephemera