[lit-ideas] Re: Aaaaaargh

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:58:50 -0400

Andy: Eric's wonder at life from an airplane, and depression upon seeing it up close and personal, calls for happy talk.

You didn't get my point at all. Reading news and fretting in my apartment is NOT seeing life "up close and personal." Rather "up close and personal" begins after I get out of my small space.

Depressives, cynics, the hyypervigilant, the sourpusses -- all think they're right about everything all the time, which only makes it more difficult for them to get out of their small space.

typing in a cloudburst,
Eric