[lit-ideas] Great Lakes machine guns raise ire in Canada

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:24:11 -0400

This is all so sad for the world. I feel like we're all riding a huge downward spiral that no one knows how to stop. As a Canadian, I'm offended by the American authorities' ridiculous propaganda about terrorists 'flooding' across the Canadian border. But mostly, I'm sad.

And, Irene, while I am suggesting here that the world is going to hell in a handbasket, there are really (relatively) few people that are steering intentionally in that direction (and even they don't really want to destroy the world. They merely don't care if the world stands in the way of what they want). The vast, vast majority of people just want to live their lives and pass the world on to their children. But those few with their hands on the handbasket are so morally bereft that they don't care about any of us. The rest of us are hornswoggled and boondoggled and stupid to within an inch of our lives.

Anyway, this article made me mad and sad this morning.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060928.wlakes28/BNStory/National/?cid=al_gam_nletter_newsUp