Re: jaws 6 .0 best feature bad implementation

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:57:54 -0800

Chris,
As I believe Francis mentioned earlier, the reason you've been hearing file
download progress and such is because the dialogue boxes that display in
Windows during those functions actually have progress notifications that
Jaws sometimes manages to focus on and speak as the numbers change, of its
own accord.  You could verify this by downloading something, then either
pressing Insert B to read everything in the dialogue box including the state
of the progress following function at that moment, or switching to Jaws
cursor and reading the dialogue box's contents line by line.  It wasn't
something generating by Jaws itself, only spoken by it.

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of John O. Carvalho

Yes it can be done.
All you have to do is go into the configure ation & user options & tab
around you should find it, it might say something like every 5 seconds just
arrow up to none save your changes & you shouldn't hear it any more.
John Carvalho
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Francis Daniels

The downloading of email progress is different from the page download
progress bar.  They are different processes.  Downloading a program is
something completely different.  That happens in a dialog box and is echoed
on the task bar button, not on the Internet Explorer status line.
Francis