Re: FreedomScientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit Against Serotek Corporation

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:30:04 -0500 (CDT)

Except that many implications are being made, and you are allowing them to be made unchecked. It is clear, just from looking through the signatures so far, that people are under the impression that Freedom Scientific is trying to shut down Serotek. Neither you nor Jeff has done anything to dispel this misconception because, I submit, it fuels anger and makes people more likely to support your petition. This, I also submit, is very irresponsible of you, and is already enough to discredit the petition, which I will never sign. Freedom Scientific maintains, and I see no reason to doubt them, that they have looked for an out-of-court agreement for years, and that Serotek has refused to cooperate. All Freedom wants is for Serotek to change the name of the product, they do not wish the product to be eliminated. By not making this clear and not only allowing but encouraging the misconception (don't try to tell me that saveserotek.org isn't misleading in this respect) you and Jeff discredit both yourselves and any other Access-technology enterprises you claim to represent, even if you try to distance your blogs and your petition from those other endeavors.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

Hello John,

Don't you feel it is worth all our minute or so it takes to sign a basic
petition that simply asks FS to stop and states nothing more than that?

Darrell Shandrow - Accessibility Evangelist
Visit http://www.SaveSerotek.org and ask Freedom Scientific to stop suing!
another person.
From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>

MessageGood evening,

I know very little about trademark infringment in the United States.
However, I find it difficult to believe that a significant number of
persons are confused between "Freedom Scientific's JAWS", and
"Serotech's Freedom Box".  Is this really confusing people?

Everett