Re: FreedomScientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit Against Serotek Corporation

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:50:31 -0700

Bruce,

Do you happen to know what "saveserotek" is supposed to convey? I've traced
it character by character and tried to visualize it to imagine what hit I'd
get off it if I were reading it visually,, and I can't parse it. Saves
erotek, a misspelling of "erotic?" I doubt that. "Save serotek?" What's
serotek? As for the .org, I assume that's what you're saying is misleading,
because it makes the operation look like a nonprofit enterprise with some
high moral mission, leaving FS to look like the Death Star by comparison.
Sorry for the Star Wars allusion, but I think it's kind of the contemporary
expression for something like that... Anyway, what on earth does that name
mean?
Oddly, I suppose that if I were reading it visually, the intention would
jump right out at me, but if I have to trace it three times with Jaws to try
to figure out its spelling, and guess where the words separate and in fact
what anything after "save" or "saves" means at all, well, that doesn't
convey very much to me. Ah-- are you completely disregarding the name
itself, and actually pointing to the convery *lokig* ----- Original
Message -----