Re: Freedom Scientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit Against Serotek Corporation

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:07:13 -0700

MessageHello John,

Serotek provides alternative technology for the blind, some of which does
compete with the JAWS screen reader sold by Freedom Scientific.  Their System
Access screen reader is relatively new to the field, but their FreedomBox
Network has been around since 2000.  FreedomBox Network is essentially an
online service similar to AOL.  In fact, many of us refer to the FreedomBox
Network as AOL for the blind.  System Access and their newer remote access
technologies provide completely mobile computer access to virtually any system,
as well as potentially new employment opportunities for blind people who must
have remote access to other computers.

Freedom Scientific is suing Serotek over the use of the term "FreedomBox".
Please feel free to read http://www.blindaccessjournal.com and
http://www.thedesertskies.com as well as do Google searches, before deciding
whether or not you will sign onto the petition.

Thanks.

Darrell Shandrow - Accessibility Evangelist
Visit http://www.SaveSerotek.org and ask Freedom Scientific to stop suing!
Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by another
person.