Re: Freedom Scientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit Against Serotek Corporation

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:56:03 -0700

This could be interesting, whatever the merits of the case may or may not
be. It took years and years for Steve Jobs' Apple, Inc. and the Beatles'
Apple Corp. to sort this out, and I've forgotten just what the final
agreement was. I do remember that Apple (of Cupertino, Calif.) was
successful in getting the people who distribute that podcatcher to change
its name from Ipodder to Juice. It's a fair guess that the company with the
deepest pockets to sustain such litigation is likely to win something like
this. Not inevitably, but still likely.