Re: Freedom Scientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit Against Serotek Corporation

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:28:57 -0400

Hi, Karl.

I'm afraid this question is a distraction. FS registered its name as a trademark effective 2001. If Serotek can show it also registered "Freedom Box" as a trademark, that would be a defense. It's yet another area where Darrell and Jeff can provide us with no information. Names are crucial, hence the importance attached to trademarks. We ought to respect FS's determination to protect its name. See Yardbird's message earlier this evening to understand why.