[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:09:08 GMT

On 15 Mar 2007 Graham Jenkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I switch on my Iyonix it runs through the pre-desk routines and then
> as it switches to desktop I get the briefest of flashes of the Risc OS 5
> logo before the screen goes completely blank. The boot apparently continues
> to completion judging by the harddisc activity light. If I then press the
> reset button the whole process re-starts and usually the desktop screen
> appears normally. I am running Reporter during the boot and it produces
> loads of information, but because I have pressed reset since the initial
> turn on the report only lists the last successful start, which isn't much
> help. I am running v.5.13 but the situation was the same with v.5.11.
>
> Can anyone suggest the most likely culprit for this behaviour?

First check your desktop screen mode isn't on the limit of the monitors
capability.

Second when it happens, press F12 then Ctrl+G and listen for a beep.
If your here it type:-

  WimpMode 32

And see if it goes in to the desktop at 800x600.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx