[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:43:23 +0000

Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you have got confused, pixel rate doesn't equal scan rate  though
> they are related to each other, an analogue monitor has no idea how many
> pixels are on a single line. 240 & 1600 would look exactly the same to a
> monitor if all of the same colour!

Scan rate is the pixel rate divided by the horizontal timing total.

> Having said that manualy upping the pixel rate by 10% does have a near
> 10% increase in refreshrate (not 1:1 as the other timings will not be
> being changed but horizontal scanning takes about 90% of the total time)

The pixel rate is the master clock, so affects all horizontal and vertical
times, and therefor a 10% increase in pixel rare will up both the scan rate
and the refresh by precisely 10%.

Further generic discussion of monitor definition files to csa.hardware
please.

Cheers
---Dave

--