[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:43:43 GMT

On 16 Mar 2007 Graham Jenkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Dave for that. I waited until the HD activity ceased then did as you
> suggest. This worked OK and from there I was able to get back to my normal
> mode (1280 x 1024, 15 million colours & 75 Hz on a Videoseven 17" LCD).
>
> So that gets me going without the reset, but what do I need to do to
> prevent the problem in the first place?

Well it means its just an issue with the monitor failing to lock on to the
desktop mode when things are cold. You might want to try some other MDFs
which define the same mode, and see if they are any better. It could just be
something like the sync pulse isn't quite wide enough. Also look in to whats
happening with any secondary monitor input as suggested by others.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx