[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up - more observations

  • From: Cyril Johnson <cjjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:11:32 GMT

In message <4ec3ec6502graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Graham Jenkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I switch on my Iyonix it runs through the pre-desk routines and then
> as it switches to desktop I get the briefest of flashes of the Risc OS 5
> logo before the screen goes completely blank. The boot apparently continues
> to completion judging by the harddisc activity light. If I then press the
> reset button the whole process re-starts and usually the desktop screen
> appears normally. I am running Reporter during the boot and it produces
> loads of information, but because I have pressed reset since the initial
> turn on the report only lists the last successful start, which isn't much
> help. I am running v.5.13 but the situation was the same with v.5.11.
>
> Can anyone suggest the most likely culprit for this behaviour?
>
> TIA
>
> Graham

 I can't explain it, but I get something similar. The monitor is an
Iiyama and left to itself starts up with a white screen until the
Iyonix contacts it. Sometimes the monitor ignores the Iyonix
altogether (i.e. the screen stays white); pressing reset usually puts
things right, but from time to time even this has no effect and I have
to switch off at the mains and (after a suitable interval) switch on
and start up again. At one time one in three start ups were abortive.
The best way of starting up is to switch on at the mains and press the
Iyonix's start button virtually simultaneously. Very few start ups go
wrong in this case.
Best wishes,
CJJ