[iyonix-support] No screen on Boot-up

  • From: Graham Jenkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:56:25 +0000 (GMT)

When I switch on my Iyonix it runs through the pre-desk routines and then
as it switches to desktop I get the briefest of flashes of the Risc OS 5
logo before the screen goes completely blank. The boot apparently continues
to completion judging by the harddisc activity light. If I then press the
reset button the whole process re-starts and usually the desktop screen
appears normally. I am running Reporter during the boot and it produces
loads of information, but because I have pressed reset since the initial
turn on the report only lists the last successful start, which isn't much
help. I am running v.5.13 but the situation was the same with v.5.11.

Can anyone suggest the most likely culprit for this behaviour?

TIA

Graham

--
Graham N P Jenkins            graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx