[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart)
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:42:06 +0000

On Sat 17 Mar 2007 (10:08:16), David J. Ruck wrote:
>On 16 Mar 2007 Tennant Stuart wrote:

>> This is for my Iyonix monitor, which occasionally fails to lock on...
>>
>>     # 960 x 600 (56Hz) [snip]
>>
>> ..could you please tell me which number is the sync pulse?
>
>Well I've just put that in to !MakeModes and it shows its only 49Hz,
>which is going to be very marginal for an LCD. They will be expecting
>60Hz to 75Hz, 50Hz absolute minimum.

Sorry, I accidentally posted an experimental extract from the MDF, the actual
screen mode which is generally used for the monitor is as follows...

              # 920 x 600 (56Hz)
              startmode
              mode_name:920 x 600
              x_res:920
              y_res:600
              pixel_rate:36000
              h_timings:72,128,0,920,0,24
              v_timings:2,22,0,600,0,1
              sync_pol:0
              endmode

The computer says that it's 50Hz. Is there a simple mathematical relationship
between the screen width, screen height, frequency, and pixel rate?

>But why are you using such a non standard mode on an LCD anyway, its
>going to look rubbish?

It's not the LCD Tv, it's the CRT monitor normally with my Iyonix. Standard
modes can look very peculiar on it, but the 920 x 600 mode comes out okay.

> If you must use it for something increase the
>pixel rate to 44400 so its 60Hz.

I tried that out, and got a slightly sharper picture at 62Hz, so thanks!

How would I make the screen a bit wider without dropping the Hz too much?

Tennant
--