[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart)
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:47:06 +0000

On Sat 24 Mar 2007 (01:15:44), Andrew Pinder wrote:
>In message on 22 Mar 2007 Tennant Stuart wrote:

>> Please don't mention using MakeModes, since David says it's
>inappropriate for
>> this forum and in any case it's completely incomprehensible for the
>inexpert.
>
>The alternative is CustomRPC which I used to set up the MDF I use with
>this Iyonix.  There were a couple of very helpful articles in Archive
>on creating MDFs way back in Oct 1994 and Feb 1995.  Contact Paul
>Beverley and I'm sure he will sell you either reprints or a CD with
>the full back issues.

If you mean the articles in issues 8.1 and 8.5 the first one is about tweaking
MDFs by hand which deserves a closer look; the second one is merely a brief
overview of MakeModes. There's no clue how existing MDFs can be loaded in for
editing, and in any case they're all useless without the monitor specs.

Tennant
--